What is Yoga?
According to Yoga Alliance yoga was developed up to 5,000 years ago in India as a comprehensive system for wellbeing on all levels: physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. Many people use various aspects of Yoga to help raise their quality of life in areas such as fitness, stress relief, wellness, vitality, mental clarity, healing, peace of mind and spiritual growth.
Mindfulness is a mental state achieved by focusing on one’s awareness on the present moment, while acknowledging and accepting one’s feelings, thoughts, and bodily sensations
Benefits Of Yoga & Mindfulness
Builds Stronger Bones
Yoga poses promote mobility in the hips and shoulders and remove stiffness in the joints bringing flexibility to the whole body
Increase Self Awareness
Yoga help you become aware of your body, including the pains or discomfort in any part of the body
Lower Blood Pressure
Yoga lowers blood pressure by increasing deep relaxation in the body, which is associated with reduced nervous system activity and a feeling of well-being it lower your stress levels improving your blood pressure
Improves Lung Capacity
Eight weeks of yoga postures and breathing practiced five days per week has been shown to help people with asthma
While stretching you out yoga increase range of motion and just make you feel longer and leaner
Calms the Mind
Yoga boost brainpower and lower risk of depression
Getting Started With Yoga
- Before you begin practicing yoga ask yourself why you want to start. Yoga can be used as a form of exercise, a way to reduce stress, a means of healing an illness or injury, or a path to spiritual fulfillment and peace and/or overall general wellness.
- What you will need: A mat or towel, Wifi
- Wear light breathable clothing that stretches and tightly fit your body or go completely nude
- Find a cool quite comfortable place to practice in
- Learn a few yoga poses you can enjoy, feel comfortable executing, and fit your yoga goals. Hold each pose for 3-5 breaths.